(D) Mark Udall*
(R) Ken Buck*
(R) Owen Hill*
(R) Amy Stephens*
(D) John Hickenlooper*
(R) Scott Gessler*
(R) Mike Kopp*
(R) Tom Tancredo*
(D) Don Quick*
(R) Cynthia Coffman*
(R) Mark Waller*
(R) Walker Stapleton*
(D) Betsy Markey*
(D) Joe Neguse*
(R) Wayne Williams*
(R) Pam Anderson
(D) Diana DeGette*
(D) Jared Polis*
(R) Scott Tipton*
(D) Gail Schwartz
(D) Joe Garcia
(R) Cory Gardner*
(R) Doug Lamborn*
(D) Irv Halter*
(D) Andrew Romanoff*
(R) Mike Coffman*
(D) Ed Perlmutter*
“Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.”
Will Joe address the facts I’ve laid out here week after week?
3. New $1 Trillion healthcare tax on middle class, check
13. National debt at $16 Trillion and no plan to tamp it back, check
14. Lowest house sales and mortgage interest rates in 40 years, check
15. Lowest business starts per capita – ever, check
16. Nearly 50 million Americans on food stamps, check
18. 25,000 potential Keystone pipeline jobs frozen, check
20. Trillions in new FICA tax receipts promised, check
23. Social Security as we know it on course to collapse with no rational plan to fix it, check
24. Medicare/caid as we know it on course to collapse with no plan to fix, check
26. Firm plans to hike income and capital gains taxes, check
28. 31 million Americans out of work, check
29. Obama budget pushes USA to fiscal cliff by 2022, check
30. Obama promised to cut deficit by 50%, national debt hiked from $10T to $16T, check
31. Obama promised unemployment under 8%, now 43 months above 8%, check
32. 3% surtax on American medical device manufacturers, check
Dividing America vs uniting and leading America, check
What a fudkin’ twit you be.
From what I’ve read the physiology and psychology of people who live within a detached plane of the physical world many times take to actions you’ve projected over the last few months.
Keep in mind, I’m still projecting a win by Obama….why have you lost your faith, why don’t you have his back?
Um, you need a FACT “check.”
7.8%! Suck on that.
The guy is the VP for crissake. Who cares?
SO how does it work – when Ryan eats his lunch, does VP Biden actually have to give up his lunch tomorrow?
Seriously I do expect Joe to do much better then the President.
Face it, the choice is either upstage the President or put a downpayment on the political gravesite.
I mean if Joe loses tonight, that’s just another billion $ that the Obama Super PAC will need to pay for his negative attack ads.
Happening in my neighborhood. In fact local ABC affiliate had a brief story on the stolen political sign issue the other night. Oh, not just stolen, often replaced.
What’s interesting, and just like in the past, the signs being stolen are almost all, or all, Dems. In our neighborhood association e-blast we can’t mention partisan matters, but the few people I can state with party preference certainty are all Dems.
Also, all the victims interviewed on TV were Dems.
I find this just another outcome of the us/them, tribal, violent worldview of those who trend rightward.
Seriously folks …. I haven’t seen an Obama yard sign, but plenty of Romney-Ryan signs.
In fact the only place I even see an Obama bumper sticker is in the parking lot at work …. a law firm has executive spots for its hundreds of lawyers and either there are lots of Democrats at the firm or the firm has business dependent on Obama’s failed stimulus because at least 2 or 3 of the vehicles have Obama stickers on them.
Interestingly though, last week the news carried a story of a homeowners security camera capturing a driveby Obama supporter taking his Romney sign.
You may recall, I live in Sarasota, Florida.
Please address, if you choose to accept the mission, why it is the amygdala driven cretins (aka Republicans) that are so driven to crime, to say nothing of the ethics of the matter.
says Veterans for Obama. None of my chicken-livered neighbors have touched that one.
They did deface an Obama sign the last time around.
the U.S. embassy there, has been shot and killed. While we can expect fact averse right wing to sling their bs, let’s know this:
For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration’s request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 — cutting back on the department’s request by $331 million.
Who claim Obama hasn’t given them a budget, then admit to cutting $331 million from it, then try to blame Obama for not prioritizing embassy security.
And while they’re at their open-door election-season witch hunt in Congress, they manage to divulge classified information while trying to blame the State Department for doing so.
My (short) list:
1. Continue to reinvigorate the U.S. economy-create jobs
2. Education, both reform and funding
3. Strengthen and broaden the influence of the EPA, especially how it can provide leadership in reversing global warming/climate change.
4. Energy independence-Focus on innovation, efficiency, clean technology
5. Peace in the middle east
6. Eliminate weapons of mass destrcution (as we can see even on this blog, there’s too many whacko’s in the world)
7. Strengthen the recognition of “The Commons” – We are all part of the same fabric.
1. More stimulus (of the business loan and direct job creation variety); as both sides note, we don’t have enough recovery yet.
2. Shore up the budget; be brave and get some extra revenue in the equation rather than chopping at the lifelines of the poor and elderly.
3. Continue with financial industry reforms; we didn’t go quite far enough with Dodd-Frank, and there are lots of shenanigans still going on in the market.
4. Keep pushing on new energy (and see  for side benefit…).
5. Election system reforms; strengthen the protections our citizens have against corrupting and obstructing influences in our election system, and find a way to engage citizens in elections.
6. Patent and Copyright reform; there are too many abuses of the system. (Yes, this is a pipe dream; both major parties are IMHO hopelessly lost on this issue.)
7. All of those other good things.
Of course, the U.S. economy perfectly fits this metaphor. Remember the Republican president GWB famously, and less than scholarly, claiming “This suckers going down!” or words to that effect? (I can’t find a video of it) GWB and his clueless and criminal policy advisors drove the economy into the ditch.
Well, it has taken tremendous effort (not without some mistakes admittedly, but also with no help from Republicans), but we are seeing many signs of a reinvigorated economy.
Take foreclosures, for instance. They’re at the lowest level in five years.
Job creation continues to improve, contrasting sharply with the terrible period leading up to (and finally ridding ourselves of) the end of the tragic presidency of George W. Bush:
Still lots of work to do, but no time to put the ship in reverse by putting another lying and bungling Republican in the office of the presidency.
Also volunteering to assist the Westminster PD with their increased call volume in the wake of this, if they can fit me in. I replied to the email asking for help, so we’ll see if they need me.
“Off with their heads!” Ha Ha ha Ha! Just kidding You People!
Trick or Trick!
Take serious minds.
Must have been before he ran that 2:50 marathon.
I’ll start with some suggestions:
1. Chug your entire beer if anyone uses the words “marathon” or “fourteener.”
2. Half a beer if the word “lie” is used (in the context of falsehood).
I hope the Justice Department is investigating this.
Republican advocacy outfit True The Vote has found voter fraud!
In fact, it’s right in their own ranks. A Texas Republican precinct chair voted twice in the same election in both Texas and in Pennsylvania, as did his wife. Bruce Fleming was listed as a subscriber to the TTV newsletter, according to TTV (he has never held any office with the group, however).
Republicans would never do this kind of thing, though… uh, uh.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You may comment with your Colorado Pols account above (click here to register), or via Facebook below.